Join John Pierce, Senior Scientist for Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife, and WCMAC members for a Spatial Analysis Workshop on May 26 from 1-4pm to delve into more detail on how the Marxan tool can support the Marine Spatial Planning spatial recommendations. In preparation for the workshop, staff are revising and adding some scenarios for illustrative purposes.
Draft scenarios include:
- Sensitive areas (species, habitats)
- Crab fishing and crab special management areas
- High intensity uses (with and without the Sanctuary)
- High intensity fishing areas (with and without tug/towboat crabber lanes)
Participants will get a refresher on the initial scenarios, but should be prepared to discuss details such as:
- What existing data would you like to include or prioritize in the analysis?
- How data should the data be incorporated in new or existing scenarios?