The NOAA Northwest Fisheries Science Center is conducting an Ecosystem Assessment for Washington’s outer coast in support of Washington State’s Marine Spatial Planning. This page contains project materials related to ecosystem indicators.
The Northwest Fisheries Science Center (NWFSC) refined the conceptual models of Washington’s marine waters and developed conceptual models for the coastal estuaries. They used a series of maps to identify how habitats and the ecosystem indicators interact in the natural system. Finally, NWFSC collaborated with planners and researchers to collect time series data for key ecological indicators and prepared a final overview of status and trends of Washington’s coastal indicators.
- 2015 Ecosystem Indicators Final Report
- 2015 Ecosystem Indicators Final Report Appendix
- 2015 Social Indicators Final Report
- 2015 Economic Indicators Final Report
- 2013 Final Conceptual Model
- 2013 Workshop Summary
- 2013 Workshop Presentation
- 2015 Ecological Indicators Final Report
- 2015 Ecological Indicators Final Report Appendix
Background and Webinar Materials (July 25, 2015)
- Draft Estuary Concept Models (PowerPoint)
- Candidate Estuary Indicators (Excel)
- Example List of Candidate Estuary Indicators (Word)
- Conceptual models and indicators for other habitats
- Estuary indicators feedback form
- Estuary webinar recording
Thank you to all participants! Many experts reviewed materials and participated in webinars and workshops for the past few years. All input and participation is vital to Washington’s Integrated Ecosystem Assessment. If you have any specific questions or comments on indicators or models, please email Kelly Andrews directly.